Tuesday, July 29, 2014

To Dallas...and beyond!

Geri again.
So I woke up bright and early on Sunday, even though I was up late having chats with Amanda some, because I went to visit First Baptist Church of Dallas with my local friend from my JU days, Sarah.
It was really good to catch up, though too brief, and I loved seeing her play her flute at church!
We visited their cafe, which sells sweet tea, music to my southern ears y'all, and coffee, which I actually drank.

Then I visited their contemporary service with Sadie, Sarah's friend, and met other friends of theirs. It was a really good time worshiping God together.
Then Amanda and Vickie picked me up and we headed back to the house to rustle up some grub (we were in Texas). :-)
Later, Amanda and I went on an errand to Barnes and Noble, and got to catch up some more. Then we picked up Vickie, and went to a local pizza place called Urban Crust. I almost sent them with my order, but I'm glad I didn't because.... Urban Crust was having a huge 5 year anniversary party!!!!!
We ate all kinds of appetizers (many of which I had ogled on the menu previously) like stuffed mushrooms, all kinds of specialty cheeses, artichoke hearts, and lots more. We tried all kinds of tasty pizzas which were being carried around the whole three floors of the restaurant. And there were even little dessert tarts which were light and delicious. We left content and tired, and thankful for our free dinner.
Eventually we got to bed, because the next morning, we were bound for northern Alabama, where my sister lives. I was getting excited and nervous about seeing her after fourteen years. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment